During SCOPED’s 2015 Annual Meeting, the staff engaged the membership in an interactive, key-pad polling exercise to help determine the future direction of the organization. This information, combined with meetings held with key stakeholders and members from Schuyler County’s top industry clusters helped form the foundation of what is becoming a comprehensive economic development strategy.
Three Main Goals
Based on this feedback, SCOPED has developed three main goals from which all the organization’s major initiatives stem. The goals are:
(1) Facilitating the creation of year-round, living-wage employment opportunities that attract and retain Millennials.
(2) Leveraging existing and growing businesses (within economic clusters) to attract new capital investment and expand employment opportunities.
(3) Focus efforts to increase the exportation of local products outside of Schuyler County.
To accomplish these goals, SCOPED is focusing on the following initiatives:
- Economic Development Clusters
- Revitalization of Towns and Villages
- Schuyler County Business Park